Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. The changing leaves, the crisp cool weather early in the morning, drinking coffee and cooking with my mom all day, spending time with my family, the long naps after the big meal… there is so much to be thankful for. This year David and I were so excited to take our new pup Lincoln home to Oklahoma. I think my family mayyy have been more excited to meet their new grand-pup than they were to see me, but I can’t really blame them. He’s such a joy, and he’s SO CUTE. I mean, just look at that little pink belly. We loved getting to share him with our families.
With Thanksgiving behind us, my challenge to myself and to all of you is to carry that thankful feeling with you throughout all other times of the year. I often get caught up in the busy holiday season and come New Years, that thankful feeling somehow seems to get left behind. Truly holding on to that feeling and making a conscious effort to be thankful every day can completely change your perspective of things that otherwise seem mundane.
The weather has been so rainy and dreary lately here in Houston, but I am thankful for cozy pajamas, Christmas movies, and a hot cup of coffee. [ See how easy that was? 😉 ] What are you thankful for today? Let us find something to be grateful for each and every day.
10 THINGS I’M THANKFUL FOR LATELY
1. My husband, family and friends.
2. Our first home.
3. Flat whites and Trader Joe’s pumpkin biscotti.
4. My faith… how much I’ve grown and how much I still have yet to grow.
6. A good book that I can’t put down [currently reading: Hamilton, recently finished & loved: Little Princes].
7. Sunday naps.
8. My blog… how much I enjoy doing it, all the fellow bloggers I’ve gotten to meet, and how much it’s challenged me to get out of my comfort zone.
9. Christmas music. Idina Menzel & Michael Bublé’s cover of “Baby It’s Cold Outside” is currently on repeat.
10. The 10 minutes right after Lincoln wakes up from a nap and is super sweet and cuddly before his playful energy takes over.
Happy Tuesday, loves.